Who are you guys?
New ford fiesta sales figures in india
Ford India was established in 1995 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader. Since then, Ford has invested more than US$ 2 billion in India to expand its manufacturing facilities and dealership footprint of world's fastest-growing auto markets. Ford India currently operates a modern.
They possess an integrated manufacturing facility at Maraimalai Nagar, near Chennai, which produces:
Its award-winning range of products including the
As part of its overall commitment to India, Ford is investing US$ 1 billion to build a state-of- the-art integrated manufacturing facility in Sanand, Gujarat.“Ford India will double its manufacturing capacity in India with an installed capacity of 610,000 engines and 440,000 vehicles”. Ford is positioning India as a centre of excellence for small cars and low displacement engines for both domestic and exports and has embarked on an accelerated export strategy.
The Ford Figo is being exported to more than 37 international market and exports of the Ford EcoSport also commenced in July 2013, to both existing and new markets.“Ford India has 304 sales and service outlets in 164 cities and continues to grow aggressively”.
Ford is setting a new benchmark in the automotive service industry with a one-of- its-kind initiative, “Happy Pocket Service” which ensures a comprehensive, transparent service at extremely competitive costs. Ford Motor Company Fund announced ‘Operation Better World’ . Ford’s operations in the country also include Global Business Services,Stamping
- Semi-automatic press line moulds blank sheets into various body parts.
- Thorough checks for perfection in dimensions and surface quality.
- Entire shell checked with military precision for dimensions.
- Subjected to stresses to check quality of welding.
- Cutting-edge technology creates a finish that's unaffected by rain or sunshine.
- Painting so complete that even underside gets full PVC coating for corrosion protection.
- Baking done to Ford's global paint specifications.
- Interiors taken care of, before doors and seats come on in Trim zone.
- In Chassis area, professionals use high power tools to fit in engine, front suspension, bumpers etc.
- Once nuts and bolts are tightened to perfection, the car gets its wheels.
- Rolls into final line for remaining parts and filling of fluids.
- Stringent testing ensures every car is at its best, even in trying conditions.
- All Ford cars complies with Bharat III emission standards, notified by the Government of India.
- Established in 1995, Ford India is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company producing the Ikon, Fusion, Endeavour, Fiesta and Figo.
- Ford Chennai directly employs 2,350 staff, technicians, engineers and craftspeople.
- The average age of technical staff is 27 and 32 for managerial and administrative employees.
- Office staff numbers have been increased 27% to approximately 760.
- Technical staff have attained a minimum of 12th standard, or have received a diploma in engineering. Staff members typically have engineering or management degrees.
- Plant redevelopment further included construction of a zero-dis charge wastewater treatment facility serving the entire complex.
- Expansion of the assembly plant facility was achieved in 21 months.
FIPL's main manufacturing plant located in Maraimalai Nagar, 45 km from Chennai has a capacity to produce 150,000 cars on a two-shift basis and 200,000 with three shifts. In 2010-11, the company's production crossed the 100,000 markits new hatchback Figo was launched in March 2010, Ford Motor Company has invested $500 million to double capacity of the plant to 200,000 vehicles annually and setting up a facility to make 250,000 engines annuallyengine plant opened for operations in January 2010meet the growing domestic demand and with an eye on engine exports, the company has invested $72 million to raise engine production capacity to 330,000 units.
Ford India currently exports 40 percent of its engine production and 25 percent of its car production to 35 countries, some of them are, South Africa, Nepal, Mexico, Kenya, Bahrain, Angola, Bermuda, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Lebanon, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, UAE, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Terming India among the fastest growing markets, US-based carmaker Ford today said it has decided to make the country as its export hubhave decided that India will be an export hub for Ford. We are exporting to over 50 countries from here and are increasing it overtime, Ford Motor President and chief executive officer Alan Mulally said. Ford India has two manufacturing plants in the country - one in Gujarat and another at Maraimalai Nagar near here. It is because our (Ford India) operations are great, our quality is great and our efficiency is great. Its just that the location of India is great for us (to look for exports).
Ford India currently operates a modern, integrated manufacturing facility at Maraimalai Nagar, near Chennai, which produces its award-winning range of products including the Ford Figo, Ford Fiesta, Ford Classic, Ford Endeavour and the Ford EcoSport. As part of its overall commitment to India, Ford is investing US$ 1 billion to build a state-of-the-art integrated manufacturing facility in Sanand, Gujarat. The facility is scheduled to be operational later this year, with vehicles coming off-line in 2015. With Sanand being operational, Ford India will double its manufacturing capacity in India with an installed capacity of 610,000 engines and 440,000 vehicles.
Ford Motor Company to invest US $72 million to expand its powertrain facility in Chennai to support sales and export growth plans in India The engine plant’s production capacity will increase from 250,000 to 330,000 units per year, an additional output of 80,000 diesel engines Ford to introduce a third production shift at the engine assembly plant, creating more than 300 new direct jobs Expansion will bring Ford’s total investment in India to more than US $1 billion This investment reinforces the importance of our Chennai plant and Ford's continued expansion in India,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director of Ford India. This expansion will allow us to provide more technologically advanced and fuel-efficient engines to our customers in India and in markets around the world where we export Chennai-built vehicles. The expansion of diesel engine production capacity will bring Ford’s total investment in India to more than US$ 1 billion.